Established in 1984, WCLA Credit Union is a member-owned, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, whose purpose is to serve the forest products industry.
WCLA Credit Union is committed to providing competitive dividends on deposit accounts and reasonable rates on loans. The money that members deposit into the credit union goes straight back to the logging and timber industry through business loans that finance the purchase of vital equipment.
The credit union board of directors is comprised entirely of people from the forest industry. They are elected by the membership and serve on a volunteer basis. As a member of the credit union, you are not only part owner, you also have a say in how we do business. Let your elected board members and professional staff know how we’re doing, and what services you would like to see offered at your credit union.
Because of the credit union’s not-for-profit status, volunteer board of directors and commitment to encouraging your financial well-being, we offer our members better rates, lower fees and reasonable terms on our products and services.
The WCLA Credit Union is chartered by the State of Washington and operated under regulations established by its Division of Financial Institutions. The credit union’s deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the Federal government.
The credits union’s current board of directors members are:
- Adam Lee, Castle Rock, Adam’s Timber Service, LLC
- Dan Kipp, Amboy, Modern Machine-Territory Manager
- Dan Richart, Chewelah, Richart Company, Inc. – Retired
- Gregg Horsley, Castle Rock, Horsley Timber and Construction, Inc.
- Justin Seekins, Washougal, TJ’s Mechanical Cutting, LLC.
- Roger Smith, Olympia, R. L. Smith Logging, Inc.
The credit unions current Supervisory Committee members are:
- Carmen Smith, Olympia, R. L. Smith Logging, Inc.
- Kathy Thomsen, Olympia, Thomsen Timber, LLC
- Julie Hodges, Kelso, Hadaller Logging, Inc.
- Marci Peterson, Aberdeen, Peterson Logging, Inc.
- Robert Thomsen, Olympia, Thomsen Timber, LLC
To view the credit union’s lending activities, view a copy of our most recent annual report below.