WCLA Credit Union is committed to protecting our members’ information. Following are some helpful hints to protect yourself online:
- DON’T use public computers to access online banking. Passwords and other log-on information can be saved automatically on the public computers.
- DON’T use Wi-Fi hotspots. Data sent over wireless Internet Services can be intercepted by thieves, especially if it is an unsecured hotspot (one that does not require a logon).
- DO install security software. Please make sure to update your security software frequently, so that you will be protected from new computer viruses and other threats. Never open file attachments that look suspicious.
- DO use ‘strong passwords,’ which include a combination of numbers, symbols and letters. Strong passwords will help protect your personal data from hackers.
- DO check your accounts. Review your accounts often and immediately report any suspicious activity.